Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sooooo hopefully we will finally be able to call tomorrow/technically today to get pre-approved for a house.  I will then really know what price range we are looking at.  Do ya'll want me to bombard you with houses that I like/love?  Here is one that keeps coming back up over and over again...

http://www.realtracs.com/MediaDisplay.aspx?PropertyClass=RES&DMQL=(AreaID%3d%7c25)%2c(ListingStatusID%3d1)%2c(OfficeListIsActive%3d1)%2c(IsListedOnInternet%3d1)&AreaID=25&MlsNum=1251626&Digest=OYroUHT+X418MM9PNB3wMw

It has a lot of the things that I want.
--decent size yard
--garage (this is Jack's request)
--something that can be used as a man cave (Jack's other request)
--at least 3 bed/2 bath
--the master bedroom is actually larger than the other rooms.

I am iffy on the kitchen.
It is a really long drive for Jack to work.  45 minutes long plus traffic~ only 25 for me

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you've already found a loan person but I've used my guy three times and he's AWESOME! He's so awesome, in fact, that he is "referral only" because he gets so much business. And I *MAY or may not* have a 4% interest rate... When we bought our first house (well, Adam's first, my second) Adam's credit score was a 0. Not because he had bad credit, he had NO credit. AT ALL. Nothing had EVER been put in his name. We still got (easily) approved and a better interest rate than any of our friends or neighbors.

    Scott Matuk
    First Community Mortgage
    896-4141

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and if you need a good realtor, I've got one of those too! Having had my realtor's license before, I know a good agent from a shitty one. Ours is the broker (manager) at Bob Parks Smyrna and she is SO awesome that when we got an offer for below the asking price of our house, she reduced her commission rate (because she could, because she does so much business) so that we could still walk away with the same amount of profit.

    Virginia Pappafotis
    Bob Parks Realty
    459-4040

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh (last comment, I swear), these two are friends/neighbors/work together so if you go with both of them things will run very smoothly! You will cut WAY down on phone calls/running around between the two! Trust me...I've bought three houses and refinanced this one! I KNOW!!! And I LOVE giving unsolicited advice! Bwahahahahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shit, here I go again commenting.

    Don't buy this house. Why? Because it's across the street from the landfill. And even if you've been over there and think, "It doesn't smell THAT bad.", uh, yes, it does. Ella plays softball over there and the smell at times is absolutely detrimental! And trash always blows around and it always smells like shit. Not trash, like shit. As in poop. When I lived on the other side of Jefferson (by Wilson Elementary/840) we could smell it all the way down there. And the landfill keeps getting expanded so it's only going to get worse. Don't hate me... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is correct about the smell!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete