Monday, July 11, 2011

I currently have someone else's dog lying next to me.  It just breaks my heart that someone is desperately searching for their dog.  Ugh.  Ok so maybe they aren't desperately searching.  I looked on craigslist and petfinder, and no one has posted a lost dog ad nearby.  This little dog is so freakin' cute!

Let's see..... I shall go back to my previous post regarding my Pop passing away.  The funeral was beautiful.  The minister talked a lot about fishing and baseball.  Pop would have liked that.  Those were his favorite things.  He could tell you any stat you could think of regarding Braves baseball and more.  He was able to go fishing one last time.  He bugged the shit out of those Trevecca people to take them fishing.  They finally did about a week before he passed.  The ladies at Trevecca said that he had been talking a lot about my Granny.  I love that.  Honestly, he talked about her like she was still here all of the time.  Now that I have lived in this house, I understand why.  She has always been here, but I haven't felt her hear since Pop passed.  I just wonder if we wait on the people we love to meet us.  I was entirely greatful for all of the stories that I heard at the funeral and for all of the people that I got to see again.  At one point a lady came in the funeral home and I said hi to her.  She said that she wasn't sure what he looked like, but she was looking for Tom's son.  I told her, "I'm his daughter, so I can point you in the right direction."  When she got to my dad she asked him if he knew who she was.  It was my Granny's best friend.  Ok.  I had been pretty dry eyed until this lady said that.  I literally had to run out of the room to compose myself.  My Granny's death hit me the hardest out of all of my grandparents.  I was a freshman in high school, and I watched her go downhill.  I remember the doctor's telling us she only had 2 weeks, and she made it 8 weeks.  I remember "reading" a Cathy comic strip when my mom told her that the doctor said she didn't have much longer.  I saw the tear streak down her face.  I cried and cried and still cry when I think of her today.  I wish Jack would have met her.  He would have loved her just as much as he loved my Pop.  He was very torn up about Pop's death too.  He said that Pop was the closest thing he had ever had to a grandparent.

Ok so we shall now move to something else....  Where the hell are Jack and I going to live?!  OMG!  The state is going to take the house!  Holy Shit!  We have to move.  I have been looking at houses online, but we have to try to get preapproved first.  I hope and pray that we do.  I found a house out in Pegram I REALLY want to look at.  It is on 5 acres and in short sale.  It is the right size for a family.  **Thinking about future kiddos.**  It has 4 bedrooms and 3 baths.  That is totally bigger than I am really planning, but get this....119,000....I know right?!  5 acres, 4 bedrooms, and 3 baths.  Yeah.  I am just wondering what is the catch.  What is wrong with this house?  It says Short Sale price approved by the bank.  Does that mean it is not approved yet, or the price it is listed for is the price the bank approved?  Is there no driveway to get to the house?  Ummm are some of the rooms totally demolished?  Here is the link  http://www.realtracs.com/PropertyDetail.aspx?PropertyClass=RES&DMQL=(AreaID%3d%7c13)%2c(NumOfStories%3d2%2b)%2c(TotalBedrooms%3d4%2b)%2c(TotalFullBaths%3d3%2b)%2c(ListingStatusID%3d1)%2c(OfficeListIsActive%3d1)%2c(IsListedOnInternet%3d1)&AreaID=13&MlsNum=1228885&Digest=mn8bzxzaPt3iAZKN0iPl9A   You should be able to look at it there...If not, google 4490 Sears Rd. Pegram.

No matter what I am going to keep looking.  I need to be able to make that phone call regarding the pre-approval with Jack soon though.  We really don't have much time.  Ehh.  Pray if you are the praying kind.  Pray hard.  My cousin just got pre-approved for a loan that and I quote, "was much more than [she] could have ever imagined."  So I am hoping that is a good sign for me, since she just started her job and I have been with mine for 11 years.  Oh please oh please oh please.  This is one of those times that you need to reassure me with a "My fuck up (insert friend/relative) (insert name) bought a house.  Only God knows how." stories.  Please and thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Short Sales suuuuuuuuck! The home is foreclosed on and the bank will accept the best offer. The price is what they owe. These are great deals for people with time to wait. They can take up to a year to go through. Boooooo... Hissssss...

    If your credit is a 580 or above you can get a house with no money down. If it's less than that... you'll need 3% down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with wemmies (wemmies?!?!). Short sales suck, take a long time, and you would need the most thorough-est of all home inspectors because there's a chance that whoever hit the high road on this house did so not because of personal reasons but because of the house.

    I vote for Smyrna. Duh.

    Adam's cousin is a hypochondriac, has never worked, her loser compulsive liar husband does't work and hasn't since 2004, she gets disability for all of her "illnesses", she gets child support for one of their kids (can't be too much), they got their trailer foreclosed two years ago and they just closed on a house. I ain't shittin' you.

    And with that said, GOOD LUCK!!! I'll be looking for houses for sale in SMYRNA!

    ReplyDelete