Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Post 160 <--Wow!

I had a "this is what I hate about my job" moment earlier. Here it is...I frackin' (Battlestar Galactica is getting to me) hate when a customer asks me a question, and I give them the answer. Then they turn around and ask someone else because they don't think I know what the hell I am talking about. I have worked for Rite Aid (/Eckerd) for 10 years (ugh). I have had a couple of moments where I got to look at a person and give them the "you should have freakin' listened to me" looks. Those moments where a person sticks their foor in their mouth. I remember (in TN) someone asking me if we carried something. I told them that we did not. They immediately went up front and asked the cashier who is older than me the same damn question. Good ol' Marie or Janet (honestly I am sure both of them have done this) says, "I'm not sure. I'll ask Jennifer. She will know." When I arrived at the front and was asked the same damn question, that person got the abrupt "no." My other favorite (ok so honestly, it is kind of gratifying..) thing is when someone looks at me and asks to speak to the manager, and I get to look at them right back and say, "I am the manager." That totally pisses people off! When I was in TN, it was even better because I would let them know when my manager would be there, since I apparently wasn't doing what they wanted. What those people didn't realize was that I was the easy manager. :) Rebecca would just flat out tell you no. I at least attempted to make you happy. hehehehe my favorite line, "I am the manager" I pulled that one on that kid that was trying to buy the liquor the other night and got rude with me. He totally thought he was going to be able to bitch about me to someone. Hahahaha. ahh

Oh! Have I said on here that people need to learn when to shut the hell up on Facebook? If not, I just did. There I was the other day innocently looking at people's status updates when all of the sudden I come across a girl's that I used to work with. It said something about moving on, but then in the comments her and her ex boyfriend are going back and forth at each other. She talks about him giving her a black eye and how mean he was to her. Get this! Dumb ass admits it on her status! Oh baby I'm so sorry. I totally regret doing that. Blah blah blah. Please come back. I'll be better. Geez! I am glad that so far she has had enough sense to not go back with him. But anyway, did I need to know about her personal business? NO! Of course, once I see it happen. I have to be nosey and keep up with all of the other conversations they have. Could they not have gone back and forth with private messages? This brings me to something very similar that was happening this morning. Luckily, I have been deleted by this person, so I no longer have to read it. I see my cousin's status requesting her friends/family to not speak with her husband if he calls or messages us. I am used to my cousin and her TMI status updates, so I just think, "Whatever. He must have farted, and she was afraid if we opened the post that we would have to smell it." Then a few hours later, I see a post from her husband bad mouthing her. Um HELLO?! This is Facebook! No one needs to hear about what may or may not be happening between you and your spouse! It totally irritated me, but at the same time like I said before, I am nosey once I read something like that. (I need to call or text my cousin to see what is actually going on.) He has since deleted me which is fine by me. I got tired of all of the political status updates anyway. I was about to hide him, so I wouldn't have to read them in passing.

I totally think tonight was the last night that I have to close this store! YAY! Friday should be my last day there! I am so glad that I have made it through! I will miss the people that work there, but I will not miss working nights and weekends! I don't have to close at all for the rest of the week. I just work 2 mids! Thanks to Memorial Day, I get 3 days off this week!

2 comments:

  1. Facebook can be soooo dumb sometimes! There's this dumb broad that I graduated with who is always breaking up and getting back together with he baby's daddy and when they're together she posts all of their pictures, but when they've broken up she puts dumb quotes about not needing a man. Then every time they get BACK together she posts those same damn pictures. Shit's been happenin' for like two years now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! I think I have a couple of those people too!

    ReplyDelete