Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 97! Damn am I thrifty!

I totally bought a carpet cleaner today! Here is a stock photo of it!




When this carpet cleaner came out it was around 275 dollars, you can get it now for a little less. Well guess how much this "Thrifty Girl" got it for? Drumroll please..........40 bucks! Yep you heard right! I love the swap meets out here! WOW! It just needs a little patching done to it because the tub has a little crack in it. It is also missing the attachments that I wouldn't have used anyway! I can order them if I really want them anyway! I was so happy! I went looking for lamps, but instead came home with the carpet cleaner that I have been dying to have for a while now! The lamps can wait until next week! I have cleaned the carpet in the bedroom! Hallelujah! My bedroom currently does not totally smell of dog!

Here is a California tidbit for today. Say, "Hello" to the light on the ramp of the freeways out here!



I had no idea how much I loved these damn things until today! Jack and I were driving down the 5 today when all of these cars were speeding onto the freeway! I freaked out! I scream, "Why is the meter not on? What the hell!?" That is when I realized how much I love those damn things! It is a stop light that you have to wait at before you get on the freeway. It helps with the flow of traffic because fewer people are having to slam on their brakes to let people over. The on ramp to the freeway is two lanes. When traffic gets heavy, they turn the meter on. The light allows 1 car per lane to go at a time. I would say it is about 20 seconds between green lights. Anyway, I love em! Tennessee should definitely have those things in downtown Nashville.

I might just write more later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment