It has been a whole week, since I last blogged. JEEZ! My excuse is that my computer doesn't want to charge. It takes so long to get it to start charging! On top of that I am tired from working all day, AND my husband plays World of Dorkcraft.
Here is the latest update from the week o Jennifer.
We went to Zanies the other night. It was an ok time except that my brother in law doesn't know how to whisper. He is one of those constant loud talkers. UGH! He made like 3 comments that the comedian heard and commented about. This would be ok had they not sounded like heckling comments. He totally could have been thrown out. Personally, I didn't care for the comedian, but Jack wanted to see him, so we went. I think Zanies may become our "thing to do" because we only live like 5 minutes away from there.
I have been working, working, working BUT my store is starting to look like it needs to which makes me feel pretty damn good! I went to work late yesterday, and I am seriously considering going in on my day off to get a few things done.
My husband painted our bedroom. It is orange. It also needs a second coat, but I refuse to add another coat because the paint we got was Oops paint from Home Depot. We paid 5 dollars for paint that originally would have costed 40. He also painted the hallway (another oops paint of course!). The hallway looks AWESOME! It still needs some crevices painted, but it looks so much better than the dingy white/ black crud! Those are the only two rooms we can paint because the rest is that wood paneling crap. BLEECH!
My mother in law hinted that she wants another grandkid yesterday. She hasn't done that before.
I am totally having allergy problems. I am sick of it! I wheeze at night.
I totally miss California. :( Allergy problems are part of it. The weather. Honestly, thinking about about California and how bad I miss it makes me ironically home sick. I know it will get better, but I really just want to go back. If only I didn't have to pay rent there. I miss driving down the PCH and seeing the ocean. I miss Ralph's ( ridiculous right? I fucking grocery store!). I miss my apartment and my neighbors. I miss Nora. The one friend that I had out there outside of work that was not my neighbor. :*( I miss so much, but I will stop at that. I am secretly hoping that something horrible will happen there just to justify that us moving back was some coincidental good fortune.
That should have totally been the climactic end to my blog post, but it isn't the end.
We decided to take my husband's car somewhere the other day, and we heard a funny noise as we were driving down the road. I finally convinced him to go back home after driving about a mile. We parked in the driveway, and he had me turn his wheel. Pretty damn sure that the fucking control arm is broken! What the hell!? He had to have it towed to Bennett's in Smyrna. It has been sitting there ever since. Oh it gets better! Of course it does! Why not? Bennett's looks at it tells Jack what is wrong, and he informs them that he has a warranty. Ok, the guy he bought the car from CLEARLY SAID the warranty covers everything except the clutch. I told my husband that it sounded fishy when he said except the clutch. I assumed the clutch was going and that is why they said that. Ok, so back to current day. Bennett's calls to make a claim. The warranty company has no record of Jack's warranty! Jack spends the rest of the afternoon trying to get a hold of someone at the dealership we bought the car from to find out why he has no warranty. He FINALLY gets ahold of someone who can tell him something. That person gives him his policy number, and the process starts all over again. They still cannot find it. Process starts again. Jack calls the warranty place this time. They give him an entirely different phone number to call. FINALLY they find the warranty. I really think that someone had to backtrack and actually get the warranty going, and that is just how long it took to get taken care of. I also need to add that the guy at the dealership Jack talks to has also told him that they don't sell a warranty like the one he described, so when Bennett's called to make the claim...it was not fucking covered! This costs 600 dollars! Jack calls the dealership back, and luckily the guy for whatever reason believes that the car salesman Jack dealt with actually did tell him wrong. This tells me that they tell everyone this lie to get people to pay for the warranty (which by the way, my husband was led to believe was free and part of buying the car). Instead of covering the cost of the car being fixed they are covering a car payment. A car payment that is maybe half of what it is costing us to get the damn car fixed. This stupid ass car better last forever!
I apologize if the previous paragraph was confusing in anyway, I was typing quickly. :(
I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Zanies. The comedians on Chelsea Lately are always there. I'll wait patiently for my invite. Just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteBecause I've painted a shitload of walls in my day, let me just say that Behr Premium Plus Flat Enamel paint is the absolute best shit in the world and it's about $18/gallon. It goes on flat but it's scrubbable. Highly recommend it.
My sister painted her 70s wood panelling. Just buy primer, or use the kind of paint that has primer in it. First you'll have to paint the creases with a paintbrush, then you'll have to roll the rest. It's a pain in the ass, but it'll look good once it's done.
Clearly I'm into painting. Just sayin'.
Where the hell did your husband buy his car??
The Bennett man, I forget his first name, used to live in my neighborhood...until his house got foreclosed.
See yo' ass Saturday! I'll bring my Blue Coast coupons!
Zanies is definitely on because I get offers for discount tickets all of the time!
ReplyDeleteThat is totally the kind of paint we got! How funny! When I looked at the price at the Home Depot, it was like 38 bucks!
Awww poor Jim. He is such a good honest business man. :( He doesn't charge to look at the cars, and he charges a decent price.
I can't wait until Saturday! I am totally going to work early tomorrow and leaving late, so I don't have to go back to that place after I leave. :)
Just an FYI girls, I started my period today so I will be TEARING UP some Blue Coast!!! Look out!
ReplyDelete