I have to start my blog with saying that my heart totally goes out to this Katie. What you bitches aren't readin' her blog?! What is wrong with you? She just started blogging and totally needs some followers. I am sure it would make her smile if you add her! :)
Anyway back to my extremely long day. I totally got up this morning to get to work around 6:30, so I wouldn't have to stay long after I got back from the mini blogging convention. When Joyce got to work, I ran out the door to meet up with Katie and Misty! I totally thought I was going to be late, and then when I got there Katie wasn't there yet! WHOOT! I wasn't the one that was late. Anyway! I had a great time at lunch! I totally look forward to doing that again! I think we were the loud table from a couple of the looks we were getting. Ha. Somehow that doesn't surprise me. I just wish Katie could have seen the woman's face behind her when she was talking about giving her mom clothes she couldn't wear anymore. I almost died laughing. Oh and I was totally wrong. They both totally stuffed their faces. LOVE IT! :)
This is where the day turns.
I went back to work, and I thought I was only going to be there for a couple of hours. My cashier never showed up. UGH! It was a girl from another store, and since she didn't show up, I think that maybe I told her I would call her back or something. I have no idea. She didn't show up, and I got stuck. I refuse to leave my shift supervisors at the store by themselves on Saturday nights. If I leave, they are there by themselves for 3 hours by themselves.
Towards the end of the night, Joyce calls me up front to help ring people up. I get up there and say something like "I'll help someone right here." I assume people will be polite and let the next person in line go, but that doesn't always happen. It sure didn't happen tonight. The black lady who was in front of the register turned and put her stuff on the counter. (I know you are all like "the black lady" what the hell does that have to do with this story? Just wait.) Next thing I know this white guy who was almost next in line makes a comment about people going before it is their turn. The black lady says, "It happens to me all of the time." This is when the argument ensues. There are racial slurs thrown and where people grew up. I wish I could have had this argument on tape. The guy says that it is my fault for not saying, "the next person in line." The guy who was actually next in line says that I did say, "the next person in line." There is a whole bunch of that's not rights. The man says something like "go back to Africa." The woman says under her breath "damn europeans." The guy says "excuse me." What I love about this woman is that she doesn't hold back. She just told the guy how it was. I felt bad for her son though. He works next door at Compton's. His mom was going to write a check, but when everything started he looked at me and said, "It's going to be debit." That poor kid paid for his mom's crap, so he could get her out of that store before she hit that man.
When we finally were able to leave after I rang up the woman who had to make sure every single item rang up the right price, I had to drive home in the freakin' rain.
I got home to find that my husband had painted the bathroom. It looks soooooooo much better! He also cooked me dinner as soon as I get home. Now all I want is ice cream from McDonald's. I totally think I am about to drive up there to get some.
Ugh! I have to be back at work at 9 in the morning. Bleech.
Oooh, I wish I could have seen the lady's face too! Hahahahaha!
ReplyDelete