Thursday, July 8, 2010

My niece is here!

Hailey Elizabeth Deakins was born at 1:24pm. She weighs 6 lbs 7 oz. I wish I could show you all of the tons of pictures I took of her today, but the stupid nurses in the nursery wouldn't bring her over to the window for me to see her. My sister-in-law wound up having to have a C-section, and she was totally out of it when we got there thanks to the painkillers they had her on. Chris was totally overwhelmed, so he asked the nurse to keep Hailey in the nursery for a little while. He was totally exhausted. He did say that his father-in-law made a scene when Chris brought Hailey out to show the family. They told Chris to not let anyone hold her until they could check her out, so he didn't let anyone hold her. Melinda's dad apparently was totally pissed that Chris wouldn't let him hold her. Then the nurses whisked her away, so by the time I had gotten there neither Chris nor Melinda had really spent anytime with her. My mom was pretty upset that she didn't get to hold her today either. :( Tomorrow, tomorrow. I have to go in to Smyrna to see about my job tomorrow, so I will just have to run to MTMC after that.

I think we might finally have all of our boxes that we UPS'd out here. I have a shower curtain in the bathroom, so it looks way different in there. This place is slowly beginning to look not like my grandparents' house. I have gotten rid of quite a bit of the moth ball smell. Thank God. Ok, well maybe it is still here, and I am just getting used to it.

I will leave you with a super sweet picture. This is my husband and the nephew!

No comments:

Post a Comment