We have been home for 5 nights now. JT is sleeping like a champ between feedings. He wakes up about every 4 hours. Thank you NICU nurses for making him get used to longer times between feedings. He has had a bit of gas, but gripe water has been my best friend with that. He has a routine of change diaper then feed that he makes us follow. If we change him, he expects food. He is such a sweet little boy. He loves his bouncy chair and his newborn lounger. I really want to get him a swing though. Hopefully my short term disability will FINALLY come through. I think everything has been totally corrected. Being broke sucks. Thankfully we aren't driving back and forth to Nashville every other day, so that is helping.
This morning (ok really yesterday morning) I got a phone call telling me that my Papa had passed away. The hospice nurse had given him 24-48 hours to live. He lived 49 hours. He was my last living grandparent. I know that I got my love to 'just drive' from him. I have heard many stories of him loading up all of the kids in the car (all 5 of them) and driving all the way to the beach, letting them get out for a little while and then driving all the way back home. If gas weren't soooooo expensive, I would totally do that. I remember going on a ride with my Nanny and him. I am not sure where we drove, but I do remember hearing Dolly Parton's "Silver and Gold" while we were riding.
We also laid to rest a man that my husband considers a father figure "today". My husband broke down right when we got to the funeral home. He went to hug all of Danny's children. These are the kids my husband grew up with. The ones he hung out with all of the time. He hugged Dustin last. Jack and Dustin had a falling out several years ago, and they haven't talked since (Dustin punched Jack out of jealousy over Big Danny.). This was the first time that they had seen each other in years. It was like nothing ever happened. Dustin's daughter asked Jack if they were such good friends why did he never come around. Jack and Dustin just looked at each other, and Jack promised her he would come around. Jack gave her a beanie baby on the day she was born. She still has it, and it is very special to her! Her mom said, "That is who gave you Mimi." She was instantly attached to Jack after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment