This is the last bed that JT will be in before he leaves....or so we hope. There are several babies in the NICU that have actual cribs because they have been here so long.
He finds his thumb today! It is so cute! I am really wondering if thumb sucking is hereditary.
February 2-My baby shower is today! Katie is amazing! I cannot believe how nice my shower is! We have tons of people show up! We are incredibly blessed.
Everything was awesome!
February 3-I should be 33 weeks today. I order the last of JT's cloth diapers today. I received the detergent for them yesterday. The diapers should arrive in about 20 days!
JT is wearing the cutest outfit today. I wish it were ours!
This is how big JT's diaper is.
February 4-Happy Birthday to Katie!
February 5-The nurse calls us right when we get in the parking lot of the hospital. My heart skips a beat. Everything is fine! She just wants us to know that Jack Thomas will be attempting to drink his first bottle today! She wants to make sure we are there for that! We tell her that we are coming up right then. She holds his feeding for us. When we get to his crib side I see that they have taken him off of his canula! This is feels like a victory! Another check off the list! I get to give him his first bottle! I learn that I can't hold him like I would hold a full term baby while he is eating. I have to steady his head between my thumb and pointer finger, and he has to sit up to eat. He is a champ! He drinks 37 mL out of a 40 mL bottle! The nurse is amazed! She wasn't expecting him to drink a lot of it.
She tells me that he will be getting one bottle a day for a while, and he will slowly work up to all 8 feedings being by bottle. She sneaks in a second bottle for me, since he did so well with his first. When we leave because of shift change, JT wakes up. I think he is trying to rip his Mama's heart out. I can't bear to leave him while he is awake.
February 5-Jack gets to give JT a bottle which means I get to take photos!
JT has his canula back in, and it feels like a big giant leap backwards. We really thought that we had checked this off of the list.
February 6-JT weighs 4 lbs 9.3oz My grandfather is in the Tower side of Centennial. My mama got to hold JT today. :)
February 7-Jack has to be at Zanies tonight, so JT and I whisper quietly jam to some Dave Matthews band. Shhhh! No cell phones allowed in the NICU!
February 8-I go into Essex, and what do my eyes see? A freakin' Mamaroo! I want one of those darn things so bad.











No comments:
Post a Comment