Hear ye! Hear ye! Let today be known as the day Jack Thomas comes home from the NICU!
I have decided that the hospital waits until you are about to room in to do vaccines and the circumcision because they want your rooming in experience as real as possible. Ha! Those nurses still stop by 5 times to check on him. My poor baby cries everytime we change his diaper. It breaks my heart. I am sure his little penis hurts. I will be so glad when that heals. I finally get him to calm down around 3:30 in the morning. I feed him earlier than I am supposed to because he is clearly hungry. Once I feed him, he is down for the "night." I have to wake him up for his next feeding, and he is freezing because this damn room has a draft in it! Thankfully his temperature isn't low.
Jack finds out that his childhood best friend's dad passed away tonight/today as well. At this point in life, Jack was better friends with Big Danny than he was with Big Danny's son. We used to go over to his house all of the time. We hadn't been in a while. I know it kills Jack to know that he missed seeing him. They don't know what happened yet, but they should know something today.
No comments:
Post a Comment