Thursday, February 10, 2011

9 Days?  I haven't posted in 9 days? 

I am currently on vacation.  My vacation consists of 2 days that I have to work.  Sucks.  Oh well!  I made sure to make it extra long, so I could make up for those two days.  I worked last Thursday, and I have been off since then except for Monday.  I also have to work Saturday because I couldn't find anybody to close that night.  I don't have to go back to work until Monday!  YAY!  

I plan on using some of that extra vacation time that I get back on the family vacation.  We are all..yes all..going to G'burg in March.  Well all meaning my immediate family.  My mom and dad, brothers, sis-in-law, niece, and hubby.  I cannot wait!  I am getting so excited.  I am not sure why other than all of them being there.  Ya'll know the last time my husband and I went it kind of sucked.  We are going to pick up some BOGO tickets to the Ripley's Aquarium!  If you purchase them on February 14th online, you get them BOGO!  Just a little FYI incase you were wondering!  :)

My whole vacation has consisted of sitting or lying on the couch.  Sleeping, eating, existing.  We did head out to the grocery store the other day.  Whole Foods, Harris Teeter <--I need to go back to.  B2G3 on trail mix!, and Kroger. 
Trail mix is my most current thing that I have found and love!  I can't believe that I have just now discovered dried pineapple!  I love it!  I also had (this is going to sound disgusting so get ready) pickled watermelon rind.  It is delicious!  It tastes like candied watermelon rind.  Try it if you ever get the opportunity especially over a strong bleu cheese on a cracker.  YUM!  If you are wondering where the hell I would have tried such a thing, we had it the other night at a beer tasting.  I didn't actually taste any of the beer (YUCK!)  I did however try the cheese/chocolate that they were pairing with the beer.  We also met a really nice couple that kept us company during the tasting.  The guy kind of reminded me of a gay guy that married a girl to stay in the closet, but who am I to judge?  Stay in the closet if you want to.  :)

Yesterday was my anniversary!  3 years!  Curious about our wedding day, and missed that post last year?  Click here!  We didn't do anything this year.  I did have to go to the doctor.  We have actually celebrated more today than yesterday.  I made breakfast this morning.  Pancakes and sausage balls.  He is making dinner tonight chuck eyes and baked potatoes. We were thinking about going to see a movie, but that would require us cleaning the snow off of my car.  We would also have a tagalong because my brother in law is staying over for the second night in a row. 

No comments:

Post a Comment