Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 38! My anniversary! I will post twice today!

I typed this up the very next day while the whole day was still fresh in my mind. I am so glad that I did!

Our Wedding
February 9th, 2008
The morning of February 9th I awoke around 10:30 and realized I was getting married in just a few short hours. I started to get everything together makeup, bobby pins, you name it I was grabbing for it. I had to be at my parents' chalet by 12:00 after all! This meant not only did I have to be ready to go, but so did Annie (the maid of honor) and Brienna (a new friend).
I woke Jack up by singing "Going to the Chapel" and told him that I was about to leave and that I loved him and would see him soon. I went back upstairs to where the girls were, and I reminded Ken to not let Jack forget the rings. The girls and I left and went to my parents' chalet right after. When we arrived I put my make-up on and then Brienna (the god send) did my hair. If it weren't for her, I probably would have paid to have my hair done. She did such an amazing job! I never knew how well my hair curled!
At around 12:50, we all left and started on our way to Honeysuckle Hills. It seemed like it took us forever to get there. At one point, I even thought that I had made a wrong turn. Yes, that is correct I drove myself to my own wedding! How funny! When we arrived the two girls (I'll call them the red shirts) who assisted the photographer, Regina, ran out to my car to see if there was anything that they could carry. We were then shown to the bridal room. I proceeded to change into my wedding under things. I completely forgot how hard it was to get those Spanx on! When I was ready to put my dress on, Annie and Melinda began to search for the middle layer, so I could put it on with ease. I slipped into my dress, but I had the easy part! Annie and Melinda then began attempting to lace up my dress. It took probably a good fifteen minutes until they finally got me into the dress. Meanwhile, Brienna has to run out to my car to grab my jewelry because I had totally forgotten it. When she comes back in, she put my necklace and my earrings on for me. I then ask her to call Ken and make sure that they don't forget the rings. Of course, they have to go back and get them! About 10 minutes later, one of the red shirts asks me if I have the rings and that they need the marriage certificate. It is at this very moment I look at Brienna and say, "Oh no! Jack for some reason took the marriage certificate out of my car! Will you call Ken again and ask them if they remembered the marriage certificate?!" Did they have the marriage certificate? Of course not! They had to drive back up the mountain to the chalet to get the marriage certificate! While they are making their way to Honeysuckle Hills, I have my bridal portraits taken and the preacher comes into talk to me. He asks me the basic questions. How long have you been together? How did you meet? Is there anything special you want me to say? Then, I anxiously begin waiting for Jack to arrive. Jack's mom comes into to talk to me and so does Patricia. I just keep glancing out the window. My veil goes in and my tiara. My mom knocks on the door and my dad is standing there, and my mom asks him, "Doesn't she look beautiful?" and with a choked up voice says, "Yeah, yeah she does." My dad almost made me cry. Brienna calls to check on Jack and Ken, and they had just turned at the traffic light. Surprisingly they found their way without getting lost! Yea! When Jack finally arrives, his brother goes out to great him. Jack looks so handsome. I wanted him to realize that I was standing there looking at him, but he never saw me. Next thing I know one of the red shirts is running up to the stairs to tell me that Jack would like to speak with me privately. I for a moment before she can finish think to myself, "Oh no what if he has cold feet?" then the red shirt says, "Um, he is having a bit of an anxiety attack." I run as quickly as I can downstairs in heels and a wedding dress. I walk outside, and he sees me for the first time. I think I took his breath away because he teared up and said that I looked amazingly beautiful. He said he just couldn't believe how beautiful I looked at that very moment. Of course, he is still having an anxiety attack, so I proceed to try to calm him down. I get him some water and sit him down and try to calm him down. We get something for him to take to calm his nerves. He can barely stand up. He just was not doing well at all. We walk outside to get him into the cool air and what happens? My veil flies off! Then with another gust of wind, my tiara flies forward. Being the optimistic person that I am, I just said to hell with it and went right on with trying to calm my groom down. He tells me that he was so nervous he forgot socks! Someone walks downstairs and says that it is really warm up in the room that we are going to get married. At this moment in time, Jack gets even more anxious because the warmth is just going to make him worse. I look at him and say, "Do you just want to get married outside?" He tells me yes. This is amazing because I really wanted to get married outside, but since we were getting married in February I didn't think that it would be warm enough. It was absolutely beautiful! Yes, a little chilly and my maid of honor probably wanted to kill me but beautiful! I yelled for my photographer and asked her if it was possible, and she said of course! All of our guests were moved outside, and Jack was still a little anxious. The wedding party stood around while we waited for Jack to be ready. He talked to me for a second and asked the photographer if she had ever had this happen before and she told him that she understood because her sister went through the same thing as a child. Oh I forgot to mention! I completely ditched the tiara and veil! I threw it on a table in the office next to a candle. When Jack was ready, he just went and stood up at the front to wait for me. The music Jesu Joy of Man's Desire began to play, and the red shirts began directing us to walk down. Ken went first, then Annie, and then my dad and me. About half way to the bridge, I was tired of stepping on my dress with my heels, so I decided I wasn't going to wear them anymore. I kicked them off and just kept right on walking. My dad laughed at me. We crossed the bridge and everyone rose for me to walk down the aisle! How nice! I got up to the front and the music stopped playing and the minister asked who brought me to be wed and he said, "Her mother and I do." I went over to Jack and looked into his eyes, and said, "Are you ready for this?" He looked so nervous. Honestly, I hate to say this, but I don't remember half of what the minister said. I was so concerned about Jack not passing out most of the ceremony. I kept rubbing his hands to reassure him. The minister asked if Jack took me as his lawfully wedded wife and he said, "Fo Sho!" I just laughed. I was asked the same question and I said, "I do." We exchanged rings and when Jack had to repeat after the minister, the minister made sure to make him repeat "Fo sho" at the end of his. It was so funny. We were pronounced husband and wife and the recessional song began, and I said as it began, "That's right ladies and gentlemen Styx!" We walked out and across the bridge. The picture taking began! We took tons of pictures! When we went to move into the barn, someone comes up to me and says, "Um, Jennifer I just want you to be prepared for this. Your veil caught on fire (yep, it was the candle I put my veil next to)." I just laugh and say, "Oh well! Not a big deal! It will just be another story to tell!" When all of the pictures were over, I drove Jack and myself to the Great Smokey Mountain sign so that we would have a picture there! Yes, I drove myself to and from my own wedding! While we were having our pictures taken, so many people honked and yelled congrats. We went back to my parents chalet and had cake and champagne. Jack fell asleep in my parents' room. I stayed talked to everyone. Jack's mom and siblings left pretty quickly and I waited on Patricia to make it. After everyone departed, I woke Jack up and went back to our chalet. When we got there Jack went right back to sleep. Ken and Brienna came downstairs and I talked to them for a while, and we went to Food City. When we came back, Ken, Brienna, and I sat around and talked. Jack finally woke up around midnight. We watched a little bit of a movie and well the rest is a little private.

No comments:

Post a Comment