Thursday, June 9, 2011

WOW!

One bright early morning in May when I was supposed to be sleeping in, my husband wakes me up in a panic, "Jenn, Jenn, I think I have something in my eye!  Come look!"  I sleepily go into the bathroom to have a look (honestly not caring too much).  I see a white dot and tell him it is probably nothing, and he just needs to go to work.  He leaves to go to work, I go back to sleep, he arrives back at the house 10 minutes later. I should remind you he only works 3 minutes away.  He says, "I have to find an eye doctor right now and go!"  His work saw his eye and immediately sent him home in fear of him having metal in his eye.  My husband is trying to call eye doctors at 7:30 in the morning freaking out that no one is answering.  I have to remind him that doctor's offices are not generally open that early.  I convinced him to wait until 8.  He found a doctor in Green Hills, and they squeezed him in immediately.  We got there and filled out all of his paperwork.  He went back to see the doctor by himself....I would have gone back with him if I had to do it all over again.  When he comes out, she says, "Ok we'll see you tomorrow."  Ummmm what?!  Tomorrow?  Let's say it again, WHAT?!  Another appointment?  She gave him a sample of the drops he needed and gave him a script for that and another medication.  The girl at the front desk says, "Oh that is a hard one to find!  I will help you find a pharmacy that has it." Ya'll it took us 30 minutes of calling around to FINALLY find someone that had it!  Oh did I mention that I still have no idea what the hell is going on?!  We finally leave the doctor's office, and I look at Jack and say, "So...what did she say."  He starts panicking, "I have an ulcer on my eye.  I think it is really bad too."  We go get the prescription filled.  It is only 6 bucks..thank goodness.  He has to use that one 3 times a day.  It is a dilation drop.  That is right.  He has to keep his eye dilated CONSTANTLY!  We go home, and he tries to relax.  His eye of course is bugging the crap out of him because it feels like something is in there.

We go back to the doctor the next day.  I go back with him this time. Oh by the way the office is closed.  She just came in to see us.  She starts her exam.  Does all of the stuff.  She asks Jack, "Ok, so what drops are you putting in your eye and how many times a day?"  He answers 3 times for the dilation and 2 times a day for the antibiotic.  She looks at him like he is crazy and says, "Wait?  I think there has been some misinformation.  You are supposed to be using the antibiotic drop every hour!"  That was definitely not what her employee said, but whatever that isn't the point.  She tells him that she is going to have him do a lot of drops over a short period of time, so that hopefully his eye will start to heal.  Every 15 minutes for 2 hours, then every 30 minutes for 2 hours, and then every hour from then on.  At this point I realize that we are going to have to get the other prescription filled.  I went to the first pharmacy they didn't have it, called my store they didn't have it, I called a ton of other stores nobody!  I finally call the Green Hills pharmacy that just so happens to be right down the road from the doctor now that I am back at home, and they have it.  UGH!  I drive to the pharmacy.  They tell me it is going to be 50 bucks!  No big deal right.  Whatever.  I am just glad they have it!  UNTIL I SEE THE FUCKING BOTTLE!  Guys this bottle has 3 fucking mL of fluid in it!  50 dollars for less than a tablespoon of drug!  Incase you are wondering, a tablespoon is 15 mL.  Now ya see?!

Oh so we go back to the eye doctor every day for a week and a half.  EVERY DAY!  I have seen this woman perform an eye exam on my husband so many times that I could give you an eye exam.  Yep.  Dr. Jennifer at your service!

Every day it gets a little better.  It gets a little smaller.  One day it closes, and she says, "Ok I will see you in a week!"  OMG it's not over yet?!  We go back a week later. Jack asks her, "Can I ever be an eye model again?"  She laughed her ass off and said, "Unfortunately, no you can never be an eye model again.  Your career is over."  Then she said, "I'll see you in 3 weeks!"  OMG!  That is next Tuesday.

Crucial details I have unfortunately left of out of this post.

Jennifer, What the hell is an eye ulcer?
    -A hole in your eye!  A freakin' hole!  If it goes untreated, you can go blind!

Jennifer, How the hell did your husband get a big ass hole(<--hehehehe) in his eye?
   -Dumb ass didn't take his contacts out enough.  Some bacteria got in his eye, he slapped the contact in, and it ate away his eye.  TAKE YOUR CONTACTS OUT PEOPLE!   Going to the eye doctor every day is expensive!

Jennifer, How much did this little fiasco cost?!
   -I have no idea because they haven't told us yet!

Something you may not really care about, but
Jennifer, Why did Jack have to keep his eye dilated?
   -Apparently the iris of your eye is as thin as a butterfly wing, and it damages just as easily.  It is a wonder my husband can see after all of the fights he has been in.

Is he back in contacts yet?
   -Nope.  He was told that he may never wear contacts again unless he has the scar..yes scar lasered off.

If you have any questions that I have left unanswered feel free to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment