We got to Pat's house (that is Mo's brother). I was introduced to him and his daughter Mandy. They seemed pretty nice. Pat's wife (Carol) came down, and I was introduced to her. I said, "Hi" she just looked at me and went back to what she was doing. Can you see where this is going?
At some point the two sons came home, and I was introduced to them. Pat told Mandy to take me on a canoe ride, and he was going to get dinner. What kind of canoe ride would it be if someone didn't almost tip the canoe over ::points at self::? Getting in and getting out. It was an ok time I guess. I was just trying to get a conversation going. I was kind of successful.
When we got back, we ate. Mo and I decided to drive around town, so I could see everything. At this point we realize that the truck is making a sound. I just know that it is the brakes. (Someone supposedly looked at the truck to make sure everything was in good working order) We drove back to the house and spoke to Pat about it. The auto shop in town was closed for two weeks. Jason (one of the sons) said he knew someone that would come and look at it.
Mo wanted to go to the casino that night. Her brother said we could take his truck, since ours was acting up. This was when he informed us that my way of driving there was quicker because that was the way to the casino. We went to the casino. I decided to valet the truck, so that we could just walk straight into the casino vs. searching for a parking spot. Mo did not understand how valets work. She thought they were going to steal the truck. Then she thought they were going to park it, and we wouldn't know where they parked it. Y'all my mother in law does not get out much. I FINALLY convinced her to let me valet it. Just trust me.
Mo lost way too much money. I would like to state for the record that I told her to stop. I lost some money too, but not near as much as her. We went outside and get this! We could not remember if the truck we were in had a camper or not and stood there like idiots for 5 minutes waiting on a truck that was 100 feet away. Thankfully we had used the valet because we really would have never found the truck.
When we got back, we got settled in for the night in the camper that they have. We chit chatted about Mo getting some of her mother's stuff. We also talked about Carol and that she was the reason Mo wanted to stay in the camper this time vs. in the house.
Trust me in no way did I feel welcome at this house. I had to ask where the bathroom was. There were no towels and no one ever offered any. I reeked of smoke and all I wanted to do was take a shower and go to sleep.
I shut the front door of the camper, turned the TV on that thankfully had cable hooked up to it, and fell asleep.
OMG, I'm loving this!
ReplyDelete